The Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Settings Rule Settings Rule allows people with disabilities to access resources we need to live in the community. Learning about the rule is an important part of understanding our rights. That’s why we’re excited to announce a new plain language toolkit, all about the HCBS Settings Rule!
This toolkit focuses on how the Home and Community-Based Services Settings Rule helps us live in the community. Community living means being able to live near people with and without disabilities, in a place where we can make our own decisions. This toolkit answers many important questions about the HCBS Settings Rule and community living, such as:
- ·What is community living?
- What is an institution?
- What are home and community-based services (HCBS)?
- What does the HCBS Settings Rule say?
- What rights does the HCBS Settings Rule give me?
- What rules do HCBS providers have to follow?